This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 12:08 a.m. Tuesday, the Juneau Police Department arrested Joshua Jerome Willis, 22, on Yandukin Drive for driving under the influence. Willis’ breath-alcohol content was measured at 0.115 percent. Willis was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center and the white 1996 Plymouth Neon he was driving was impounded.
• At 3:14 p.m. Monday, JPD arrested John Alan Langreder, 25, in the 8100 block of Glacier Highway for two counts of forgery, two counts of theft of an access device and two counts of fraudulent use of an access device. Langreder was taken to LCCC. Read more on A4.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 4:45 p.m. Monday, JPD cited and released Justin Travis Brokken, 32, for reckless driving. JPD responded to the report of a motor vehicle crash and found that a 1993 Nissan SUV driven by Brokken had hit a 2017 Chevrolet sedan driven by a 34-year-old man, and then the Nissan hit a 2000 Chevrolet Malibu driven by a 23-year-old man. No injuries were reported but there was an estimated $3,000 worth of damage done to the vehicles.
• At 11:46 a.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the report of a motor vehicle crash in the 7100 block of Egan Drive. Capital City Fire/Rescue arrived and took a 21-year-old man to Bartlett Regional Hospital to be evaluated for injuries. The 2002 Nissan he was driving was impounded for safekeeping after it ended up in the median.
• At 10:14 a.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 2400 block of Industrial Boulevard to investigate the report of a 64-year-old man who reported the theft of a 1999 Dodge Ram pickup truck and a car battery stolen out of a 1998 Ford van.
• At 1:45 p.m. Monday, JPD arrested Jennifer Kathleen Montoya, 32, in the 8100 block of Glacier Highway for criminal trespass and violating conditions of release. Montoya was taken to LCCC.
• At 2:14 p.m. Monday, JPD arrested James Robert Newman, 40, in the 8100 block of Glacier Highway for violating conditions of release.
• On Oct. 1, Prince of Wales-based Alaska Wildlife Troopers cited Juneau man Aaron Widmyer, 26, for not having a crew member’s licence. The captain of the boat he was on board, the FV Ostrich, was cited for employing an unlicensed crew member as it was commercial fishing for sea cucumbers.