This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 8:57 a.m. Tuesday, the Juneau Police Department responded to the 3700 block of Boulder Street to conduct a confidential investigation into a death. Robert G. Maus, a 66-year-old man with chronic illness, died at a private residence, JPD Public Safety Manager Erann Kalwara said. Next of kin has been notified.
• At 9:24 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to a 41-year-old woman’s report that a 38-year-old man violated conditions of a protective order in the Juneau area. Investigation continues.
• At 2:18 a.m. Tuesday, JPD arrested a 47-year-old woman in the Juneau area for domestic violence assault, interfering with the report of a domestic violence crime and violating conditions of release. Alcohol was a factor. She was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 10:23 a.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to a 62-year-old woman’s report that a 55-year-old man assaulted her. Alcohol was a factor. Investigation continues.
• At 10:18 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to the 200 block of Admiral Way to investigate a 58-year-old woman’s report of harassment.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 9:49 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to the 100 block of Gastineau Avenue to investigate a hit-and-run where a 2006 Chevrolet truck reportedly hit a parked vehicle and left the scene. Damage to the parked vehicle is estimated at $1,000, and the truck was found an impounded.
• At 4:02 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to the 600 block of Willoughby Avenue to investigate a 57-year-old man’s report that a 26-year-old man shoplifted from a local business.
• At 2:48 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to the 2700 block of Sherwood Lane to investigate a report of an alcohol monitoring device. Investigation continues.
• At 4:36 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to the 2200 block of Trout Street to investigate a 75-year-old man’s report of a stolen Microsoft Surface 3 laptop worth an estimated $1,000.
• At 6:13 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to the 400 block of Willoughby Avenue to investigate a 67-year-old woman’s report that $200 in cash and a necklace had been stolen.
• At 6:35 a.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 300 block of Village Street to investigate a 56-year-old man’s report that a black pouch containing rent money was stolen from his home.
• At 10:59 p.m. Monday, JPD arrested Joseph Ray Rivera, 26, in the area of Alaway Avenue on a $100 JPD warrant for failing to appear at a status hearing. The original charge was violating conditions of release. Rivera was cited for driving without a license and the motorcycle he was driving was impounded.