This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 9:23 a.m. Tuesday, the Juneau Police Department conducted a confidential investigation into the report of child pornography in the Juneau area.
• At 5:42 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to a 31-year-old man’s report that a 33-year-old woman had contacted him in violation of her conditions of release.
• At 10:10 p.m. Monday, JPD arrested Kap Shik Hwang, 45, in the 9100 block of Mendenhall Mall Road for driving while intoxicated. Hwang was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 8:26 a.m. Tuesday, JPD investigated the report of harassment in the Juneau area. Investigation continues.
• At 10:02 p.m. Monday, JPD arrested Cody Mercure, 29, in the 400 block of Whittier Street for theft from a business and for violating conditions of release. Alcohol was a factor. Mercure was taken to LCCC.
• At 1:07 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to the 9200 block of Long Run Road to investigate a 29-year-old man’s report that two bikes had been stolen.
• At 7:41 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to the 700 block of Willoughby Avenue to investigate a 46-year-old man’s report that some items were stolen from his room.
• At 10:53 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to the 100 block of Franklin Street to investigate a 46-year-old woman’s report of a theft from a business.
• At 8:08 a.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 4100 block of Aspen Avenue to investigate a 48-year-old man’s report that his white Ford F150 had been stolen.
• At 1:29 p.m. Monday, JPD arrested Jeremy Dylan Simile, 32, in the 3600 block of Riverside Drive on three felony warrants. He was also charged with criminal mischief. Rikki Ann Biggs, 25, was arrested for hindering prosecution. Simile and Biggs were both taken to LCCC. Read more on Wednesday’s A2.