This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 3:01 p.m. Monday, a man came to the Juneau Police Department to report he had been assaulted several days earlier in the 8200 block of Counterpane Lane. Alcohol was identified as a factor.
• At 12:16 a.m. Tuesday, JPD arrested a 48-year-old man for domestic violence assault in the Juneau area. The man was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center and held without bail.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 5:20 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to the 9700 block of Glacier Highway to investigate the report of a motor vehicle crash. One pedestrian was killed in the crash. Read more about the crash on Tuesday’s A1 or Wednesday’s A3.
• At 5:27 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to the 3300 block of Douglas Highway to investigate the report of a motor vehicle crash. No injuries were reported. Investigation continues.
• At 1:42 p.m. Monday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into the report of a sex crime.
• At 6:23 a.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 100 block of Sixth Street to investigate the report of suspicious activity. JPD impounded a 2001 Chevy pickup as evidence.
• At 12:20 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to the 8400 block of Thunder Mountain Road to investigate the report of a theft from a vehicle.
• At 1:23 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to the report of fraud in the Juneau area. Investigation continues.
• At 1:27 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to the 200 block of Third Street to investigate the reported theft of equipment.
• At 6:13 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to the 9100 block of Cinema Drive to investigate the report of a stolen license plate. Investigation continues.
• At 4:11 a.m. Tuesday, JPD cited and released Casey Muir, 31, in the 300 block of Whittier Street for criminal trespass after refusing to leave an establishment after being asked to leave and served a trespass letter.
• At 9:35 a.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 400 block of Willoughby Avenue to investigate the report of theft and vandalism. Investigation continues.
• At 1:46 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to the 300 block of Whittier Street to investigate the report of a woman, 62, who reported $500 cash had been taken from her locked 2004 Chevy Suburban.
• At 4:55 a.m. Tuesday, JPD arrested Jeffrey Charles Garrison, 32, at Sealaska Plaza on an outstanding $100 Ketchikan Alaska State Troopers warrant for failing to appear in court. Garrison was taken to LCCC.