This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 11:30 a.m. Sunday, Alaska State Troopers investigation a domestic violence protective order violation by a 24-year-old man in the Juneau area. Charges for the violation were forwarded to the Juneau District Attorney.
• At 3:37 p.m. Monday, the Juneau Police Department received a report of a domestic violence protective order violation in the Juneau area. Investigation continues.
• At 5:57 p.m. Monday, JPD documented a report of a cold domestic violence assault in the Juneau area. Alcohol was involved.
• At 8:29 p.m. Monday, JPD received a report of a domestic violence assault in the Juneau area. Alcohol was involved. Investigation continues.
Fire and medical
• On Tuesday, Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to 11 EMS calls, one transport call, one false fire alarm, one false open burn complaint, one call that was cancelled en route and one structure fire in downtown Douglas.
• At 11:19 p.m. Monday, JPD cited and released Valarie Mae Hotch-Torres, 19, for minor consuming. Alcohol was involved.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 1:44 p.m. Monday, JPD investigated a report of a hit-and-run motor vehicle collision involving two vehicles in the 1000 block of Tenth Street.
• At 5:22 p.m. Monday, JPD received a report of a vehicle accident in the 5800 block of Douglas Highway that caused approximately $10,000 in damage.
• At 2:31 p.m. Monday, JPD received a report of a sexual assault in the Juneau area. Confidential investigation continues.
• At 7:16 p.m. Monday, JPD arrested Linda Jacobs for concealing merchandise from a business in the 100 block of Peoples Wharf and assaulting an employee. She was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center and released on her own recognizance. Alcohol was involved.
• At 12:54 p.m. Monday, a 16-year-old boy reported two bicycles were stolen from his front yard in the 5900 block of Lemon Street.
• At 2:28 p.m. Monday, JPD received a report of a theft and burglary in the 124000 block of Auke Nu Drive. Investigation continues.
• At 7:16 p.m. Monday, JPD received a report of two stolen backpacks on Peoples Wharf belonging to a 22-year-old woman and a 55-year-old woman. Alcohol was involved.
• At 8:30 p.m. Monday, a 33-year-old man reported the theft of a bicycle, valued at approximately $250, from the 8700 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 8:06 p.m. Monday, JPD received a report of stolen jewelry in the 9500 block of Antler Way. Investigation continues.
• At 11:01 a.m. Tuesday, JPD received a report of stolen parts from a vehicle in the 2200 block of Fritz Cove Road sometimes since October 2015.
• At 11:21 a.m. Tuesday, JPD created a case for information regarding a theft in the 100 block of Marine Way.