This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 4:53 p.m. Monday, the Juneau Police Department responded to the report of a violation of a domestic violence order in the Juneau area. Investigation continues.
• At 6:27 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to the report of a landlord-tenant dispute that turned into a possible criminal trespass and assault in the Juneau area.
• At 10:12 p.m. Monday, JPD arrested a 21-year-old man in the Juneau area for second-degree assault after assaulting his girlfriend. Alcohol was a factor. He was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 10:48 p.m. Monday, JPD arrested a 29-year-old man in the Juneau area for violating a domestic violence protective order.
• At 3:51 a.m. Tuesday, JPD investigated the report of an assault in the Juneau area. Alcohol was a factor. Investigation continues.
• At 2:45 p.m. Monday, JPD obtained video evidence of a man, 39, attempting to use a fake $100 bill with red Chinese characters on the face in the 5200 block of Glacier Highway. Alcohol was a factor. Charges were forwarded.
• At 12:58 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to the 100 block of Egan Drive to investigate the report of a woman, 70, who reported the theft of a handmade Alaska Native regalia button blanket from Centennial Hall on Sunday. The Haida blanket depicts an eagle and a frog on the back, is decorated with pearl and abalone buttons and is worth an estimated $5,000.
• At 3:17 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to the 300 block of 12th Street to investigate the report of a burglary. Investigation continues.
• At 8:44 a.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 8400 block of Thunder Mountain Road to investigate the report of a woman, 38, who reported a mountain bike worth an estimated $180 sometime during the night.
• At 8:50 p.m. Monday, JPD arrested Bethany Kunkle, 32, for criminal mischief in the 100 block of Front Street.