This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 12:15 p.m. Tuesday, the Juneau Police Department responded to the 4700 block of Douglas Highway to investigate the report of a burglary. Investigation continues.
• At 5:22 a.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the 9200 block of Sharon Street to investigate the report of a burglary. Investigation continues.
• At 9:27 a.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested a 61-year-old man in the Juneau area for domestic violence assault.
• At 1:34 a.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested Cherkas Jarrett, 40, in the 2800 block of Douglas Highway for driving while intoxicated. The vehicle Jarrett was driving was impounded for 72 hours.
• At 3 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 400 block of East Street to investigate the report of a theft. Investigation continues.
• At 5:31 a.m. Wednesday, JPD assisted Pretrial Enforcement with an arrest in the 800 block of 12th Street relating to trespassing.
• At 3:02 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 8700 block of Glacier Highway to investigate the report of a 25-year-old woman who reported her car tires had been slashed.
• At 11:01 a.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested Shanye Ian Howard, 28, in the 1600 block of Renninger Street on an outstanding warrant. Alcohol was a factor. Howard was also cited for driving without a licences and the car was impounded.
• On Aug. 16, Juneau resident Micah Delong, 54, pled no contest to unlawful commercial drift gillnet fishing and was fined $1,500 in the Juneau District Court. On June 19, Hoonah-based Alaska Wildlife Troopers cited Delong for unlawfully commercial drift gillnet fishing on board the F/V Lucky Star during a closed period in Lynn Canal.