This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 4:42 p.m. Thursday, the Juneau Police Department responded to the 800 block of Dixon Street to investigate the report of a 45-year-old woman who reported a burglary at her home.
• At noon Thursday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into possible child abuse.
• At 11:10 a.m. Friday, JPD arrested George Miyasato, 60, for violating a stalking protective order. Miyasato was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 8:43 p.m. Thursday, JPD responded to the report of a domestic violence assault in the Juneau area. Investigation continues.
• At 12:55 p.m. Thursday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into drug activity in the Juneau area.
• At 1:01 a.m. Friday, JPD arrested Steven Wise, 20, for driving while intoxicated on Egan Drive near the former Walmart building. His breath-alcohol content was over 0.08 percent, and he was taken to LCCC.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 10:45 a.m. Friday, JPD responded to a single-vehicle roll-over crash in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway. The driver, 37-year-old woman Dawn Marie Land, was cited and released for driving without a valid license, but was also arrested on seven JPD warrants totaling $700. Land’s car, a 1999 Toyota 4Runner, was impounded. A passenger was treated for minor injuries.
• At 3:27 p.m. Thursday, JPD responded to the 8700 block of Glacier Highway to investigate the report of vandalism to a parked car. Investigation continues.
• On Wednesday, Juneau-based Alaska Wildlife Troopers cited Butler, Pennsylvania man Cody Wabiszewski, 31, for failing to complete his sport fish charter logbook as required. Troopers approached Wabiszewski when he was returning to Auke Bay from conducting a guided sport fishing trip. He was issued a $210 citation in Juneau District Court.
• On Wednesday, Juneau-based Alaska Wildlife Troopers cited Juneau man Jeremiah Jimenez, 40, for snagging in freshwater. Troopers found that Jimenez had snagged and retained two coho salmon from Cowee Creek. The coho were donated to charity and Jimenez was issued a $150 citation in Juneau District Court.
• On Thursday, Juneau-based Alaska Wildlife Troopers cited Juneau men Alec Chavez, 24, and Ryan Lee, 22, for sport fishing for coho salmon without a sport fishing license. Troopers approached the men on the Mendenhall Wetlands. Both men were issued a $210 citation in Juneau District Court.