This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 7:44 a.m. Thursday, the Juneau Police Department responded to the 3200 block of Hospital Drive to investigate the report of an assault. Investigation continues.
• At 7:02 p.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested a 32-year-old woman in the Juneau area for assault, interfering with the report of domestic violence, resisting arrest, violating a domestic violence protective order and violating conditions of release. She was also arrested in reference to seven other open cases. She was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center and held without bail.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 5:08 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to a motor vehicle crash in the 11700 block of Glacier Highway. Five people were taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital, three with serious injuries. See Friday’s A1 for more information.
• At 2:06 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the 5700 block of Concrete Way to investigate the fraudulent use of an access device and theft from a local business. Investigation continues.
• At 5:29 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the 100 block of Franklin Street to investigate the report of a theft. Investigation continues.
• At 4:13 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to the report of shots fired near Blackerby Street. Police arrived to find that a bike theft had led to three shots being fired. No injuries were reported and John E. Gregory was arrested for first-degree robbery, third-degree assault, fourth-degree theft and fifth-degree weapons misconduct. See Friday’s A1 for more information.
• At 7:13 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to the 2100 block of Glacier Highway to investigate the theft of a blue Honda Metropolitan moped worth an estimated $1,100. Investigation continues.
• At 11:07 p.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested Richard Scott, 58, in the 9400 block of Glacier Highway for criminal trespass and resisting arrest. He was taken to LCCC and held on $50 bail.
• At 5:51 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the 300 block of Fourth Street to document damage to a vehicle boot.
• At 9:13 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to the 200 block of Franklin Street to investigate the report that a business being vandalized with spray paint. Investigation continues.
• At 10:06 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to the 300 block of Whittier Street to investigate the report of a 42-year-old woman who reported vandalism to a tire of a 2018 Chevrolet van. Investigation continues.
• At 6:34 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to the 9400 block of Glacier Highway to investigate the report of criminal trespass in a vehicle and the theft of an estimated $1,000 worth of tools. Investigation continues.
• At about 10:43 p.m. Sept. 8, Juneau-based Alaska Wildlife Troopers cited Juneau resident Shun Yu, 48, after seeing him snagging where prohibited near DIPAC. The $150 citation was filed in Juneau District Court, and Yu’s fishing rod was seized for forfeiture.
• On Sept. 9, Juneau-based Alaska Wildlife Troopers cited Juneau residents Cort Saviers, 25, and Bryce Saviers, 28, for wildlife violations in the area of West Peak near Juneau. The charges came from a Sept. 2 complaint that the two hunters had killed a goat with a rifle in the area of West Peak. That area is only open to hunting goats with a bow and arrow. Cort Saviers was charged with unlawful possession of game and violating the conditions of his RG014 permit. Bryce Saviers was charged with unlawful possession of game. Both were given an arraignment date of Oct. 11 in Juneau District Court.
• On Thursday, Juneau-based Alaska Wildlife Troopers cited Juneau resident Isaiah Campos, 45, for killing a beaver to prevent property damage. Campos has a mandatory court appearance in Juneau District Court.