This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 5:42 p.m. Wednesday, the Juneau Police Department responded to the 9900 block of Stephen Richards Memorial Drive to investigate the report of a 36-year-old man who reported he was assaulted by a 44-year-old man. Investigation continues.
• At 11:52 p.m. Wednesday, JPD cited and released Cleveland E. Eells, 28, in the 100 block of Franklin Street for disorderly conduct. Alcohol was a factor.
• At 1:24 a.m. Thursday, JPD arrested Reno Red Leaf, 29, in the 1400 block of Harbor Way for assault. JPD originally responded to the report of a disturbance on a boat. Investigation continues.
• At 4:44 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the 7900 block of Gladstone Street to investigate the death of 50-year-old Juneau man Jim Phillips, Lt. Krag Campbell said. Circumstances are not considered suspicious, and next of kin has been notified. Alcohol was a factor. Investigation continues.
• At 12:15 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to the report of a 40-year-old woman who reported being assaulted by a 51-year-old man in the Juneau area. Investigation continues.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 4:42 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the report of a motor vehicle crash in the 8800 block of Egan Drive. Four vehicles were involved in the crash, and one driver suffered minor injuries. Another driver, 40-year-old Juneau resident Eliseth Del Carmen Harman, was arrested for third-degree assault and driving under the influence. Alcohol was a factor. Read more on Friday’s A3 page.
• At 9:59 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to the 300 block of Fifth Street to investigate the report of a 26-year-old man who reported seeing several people who looked like they were trying to break into a business.
• At 1:18 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the 100 block of Franklin Street to investigate the report of a 46-year-old man who reported his 2008 Dodge truck and checkbook were stolen sometime during the night. Investigation continues.
• At 9:56 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the report of a 35-year-old woman who reported a stolen 2006 Hyundai. The car was later recovered and the owner declined to press charges.
• At 11:31 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to the report of a 62-year-old man who reported the theft of bones and ivory in the Juneau area. The man had also reported bone and ivory stolen earlier this month, Campbell said. Police estimate the stolen property is worth between $3,000 and $10,000, Campbell said. Investigation continues.
• At 12:21 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the 5300 block of Commercial Boulevard to investigate the report of a 34-year-old man who reported a lock to a storage unit was cut and items were apparently stolen from inside the unit. Investigation continues.