This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 10:22 p.m. on Wednesday, JPD investigated the death of a 78-year-old man on the 6500 block of Glacier Highway. The death is not considered suspicious.
• At 11:19 a.m. on Thursday, a truck was impounded on St. Ann’s Avenue due to being a a traffic hazard.
• At 6:32 p.m. on Wednesday, a 39-year-old woman reported being assaulted by a 39-year-old man, who was arrested and taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center. Alcohol was a factor.
Driving while intoxicated
• At 8:43 p.m. on Wednesday, 33-year-old Michael Anthony Brakes was arrested for driving under the influence on the 4000 block of Egan Drive and taken to LCCC. The vehicle he was driving was impounded.
• At 8:51 a.m. on Thursday, a 56-year-old man reported someone took out a loan in his name.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 1:15 p.m. on Wednesday, a 67-year-old man reported his SUV was struck by an unknown vehicle on the 1200 block of Harbor Way.
• At 9:18 a.m. on Thursday, a 40-year-old man reported a vehicle was struck while parked on the 3200 block of Hospital Drive.
• At 6:52 a.m. on Thursday, a 28-year-old man reported a package stolen from his residence on the 8400 block of Valley Boulevard.
• At 12:16 p.m. on Wednesday, a 50-year-old man reported vandalism to a business vehicle on the 500 block of Willoughby Avenue.