This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 7:27 a.m. Thursday, the Juneau Police Department responded to the 1700 block of Anka Street to investigate the report of a 40-year-old man who reported a burglary at a local business. Investigation continues.
• At 2:55 p.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested a 35-year-old man in the Juneau area for second-degree assault, third-degree assault, fourth-degree assault (domestic violence) and criminal trespassing (domestic violence). The man was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 5:50 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the report of a 37-year-old woman who reported being assaulted by a 44-year-old man. The man was gone when the police arrived.
• At 1:49 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to the report of a 22-year-old woman who reported she was assaulted by a 27-year-old man. Alcohol was a factor. The man was gone when the police arrived.
• At 6 p.m. Wednesday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into drug activity in the Juneau area.
• At 6:18 p.m. Wednesday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into drug activity in the Juneau area.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 6:04 p.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested William Jim, 31, in the 4200 block of Mendenhall Loop Road on an Alaska State Troopers warrant. Police found Jim when Jim was involved in a crash between his 2003 Honda Pilot and a 2005 Honda, driven by a 33-year-old man. Jim was also cited for driving with a revoked license. He was taken to LCCC.
• At 10:04 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to the 3300 block of Mendenhall Loop Road to investigate a crash between a city bus and a private vehicle. The report initially came from a 27-year-old man. No injuries were reported. The drivers exchanged information.
• At 4:51 p.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested James LeBlanc-Tweedy, 25, in the 3600 block of Amalga Street for a probation violation. The report initially came from a 20-year-old woman who reported LeBlanc-Tweedy had violated his probation conditions.
• At 12:31 p.m. Wednesday, JPD cited and released Nick Robert Makaily, 60, in the 300 block of Whittier Street for trespassing at the Alaska State Museum. The report initially came from a 38-year-old woman.
• At 7:35 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the 3400 block of Foster Avenue to investigate the report of a 54-year-old woman who reported her 2000 Suzuki SUV was vandalized. Damage was estimated at $750.