This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 3:36 p.m. Wednesday, the Juneau Police Department arrested Bethany Kunkle, 32, in the 8100 block of Glacier Highway for punching a girl in the face twice. Kunkle was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center and held on $1,500 bail. Not domestic violence related.
• At 4:29 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the report of a residential burglary and vehicle theft in the 8500 block of Jennifer Drive.
• At 6:10 p.m. Wednesday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into the report of child abuse in the Juneau area.
• At 10:31 a.m. Thursday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into drug activity in the Juneau area.
• At 10:35 a.m. Thursday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into drug activity in the Juneau area.
• At 12:33 a.m. Thursday, JPD arrested Saara Krook on Hospital Drive for driving under the influence. She provided a breath sample of 0.122 percent blood-alcohol content.
• At 11:33 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to the report of stolen checks in the mail and check fraud in the Juneau area. Investigation continues.
• At 12:43 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the report of a stolen Samsung Galaxy S7 cellphone on Egan Drive.
• At 1:38 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the report of a theft in the 400 block of Fifth Street.
• At 8:17 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to the report of theft and vandalism to a coin-operated washing machine in the 8800 block of Glendale Street.
• At 2:32 p.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested a 38-year-old man in the Juneau area for violating his conditions of release. The man was taken to LCCC.
• At 5:18 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to the report of a woman, 57, in the 8700 block of North Loop Way who reported her vehicle had been rifled through and her black purse and wallet were taken. Officers discovered that a stolen credit card had been used after the initial vehicle rifling.