This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 4:04 a.m. Thursday, the Juneau Police Department responded to the 3100 block of Douglas Highway to investigate the report of a 72-year-old woman who reported her home was burglarized. Investigation continues.
• At 9:24 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the 800 block of Franklin Street to investigate the death of a 51-year-old man. Next of kin has not been notified.
• At 8:03 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to the 800 block of 12th Street to investigate the death of a 65-year-old man. The death is not considered suspicious. Next of kin has not been notified.
• At 5:59 p.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested a 26-year-old man in the Juneau area for two counts of domestic violence assault. The man was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 11:21 p.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested a 25-year-old man in the Juneau area for domestic violence assault. The man was taken to LCCC.
• At 12:26 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to the report of an altercation between a 55-year-old woman, a 75-year-old man and a 46-year-old man in the Juneau area. Alcohol was a factor.
• At 12:41 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to the report that a 59-year-old man who assaulted a 25-year-old man in the Juneau area. Alcohol was a factor.
• At 1:31 p.m. Wednesday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into the possible sexual abuse of a minor in the Juneau area.
• At 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the 3200 block of Hospital Drive to investigate the report of a stolen black iPhone 3 in a white Otterbox case and an estimated $40 worth of fuel from a white Ford van that was parked overnight on Jan. 24 at a business. The iPhone was valued at $50.
• At 9:37 a.m. Thursday, JPD arrested Shauna Velasco, 28, in the 8100 block of Glacier Highway for entering a business when she had previously been served a trespass letter. Velasco was arrested for criminal trespass and taken to LCCC.
• At 1:41 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to the 9000 block of Stephen Richards Memorial Drive to investigate the report of a 20-year-old man who reported his tires were slashed.
• At 8:36 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to the 8400 block of Thunder Mountain Road to investigate the report of a 58-year-old man who reported someone slashed his tires the previous night.
• On Monday, Juneau-based Alaska Wildlife Troopers cited Gustavus man Roger Buttram, 73, for delivering commercial troll salmon without a valid 2019 commercial fisheries entry commission permit, and for operating a commercial troll vessel without a valid 2019 commercial vessel license. Arraignment for the permit citation is scheduled for 11 a.m. Feb. 14 in Juneau District Court, and the fine for the vessel violation is $210.
• On Thursday, Juneau-based Alaska Wildlife Troopers cited Juneau man John Plett, 27, for making false statements on two 2015 resident sport licenses. Plett was fined $310 for each citation.