This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 12:26 p.m. Thursday, the Juneau Police Department responded to the report of a 59-year-old man in the Juneau area who reported fraudulent checks being drawn from his account.
• At 1:39 p.m. Thursday, JPD responded to the 2500 block of Meadow Lane to investigate the report of a 32-year-old man who reported fraud. Investigation continues.
• At 10:02 a.m. Friday, JPD responded to the 8900 block of Glacier Highway to investigate the report of counterfeit money being used. JPD collected the bills, but there are no leads or suspects at this time.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 12:22 p.m. Thursday, JPD responded to the 1900 block of Glacier Highway to investigate the report that a 2002 Ford Focus had driven off the road. The driver, a 21-year-old man, was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital for treatment of his injuries.
• At 7:13 a.m. Friday, JPD responded to the report that a Trek bicycle had been stolen in the Juneau area.
• At 2:19 p.m. Thursday, JPD arrested Michele Nelson, 52, in the 8100 block of Glacier Highway for criminal trespass. Nelson was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 7:59 p.m. Thursday, JPD responded to the 9300 block of Rivercourt Way to investigate the report of a 37-year-old woman who reported a Chevy Silverado and Ford Expedition were rifled. A box was stolen from one of the vehicles.
• At 11:42 a.m. Thursday, Alaska State Troopers arrested Juneau man Joseph Rivera, 26, on a $250 warrant for failing to appear at a court hearing. Rivera was taken to LCCC.