This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 8:32 p.m. on Tuesday, a 38-year-old woman reported a 37-year-old man violated a domestic violence protective order by attempting to contact her.
• At 9:45 p.m. on Tuesday, 59-year-old Thomas Melvin Bell was arrested for violating the conditions of release on the 200 block of Front Street and taken to LCCC. Alcohol was a factor.
• At 6:59 p.m. on Tuesday, JPD investigated the death of a 36-year-old man on the 1600 block of Douglas Highway. The death is not considered suspicious. Next of kin has been notified.
• At 6:37 p.m. on Tuesday, JPD recieved a report of an altercation between 62-year-old man and a 38-year-old man.
Driving while intoxicated
• At 6:29 p.m. on Tuesday, 33-year-old Michael Brakes was arrested for driving while intoxicated and released pending the issue of a criminal complaint following a car crash on the 9100 block of Mendenhall Mall Road. The vehicle he was driving was impounded. Alcohol was a factor.
• At 11:31 p.m. on Tuesday, a 16-year-old girl reported someone broke the window on her vehicle on the 3400 block of Tongass Boulevard.