This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 11:35 p.m. Wednesday, Juneau Police Department responded to call on the 10600 block of Glacier Highway where a vehicle was reported to have struck a guardrail and then a power pole and left the scene. Officers later located the vehicle, a 2007 Chevrolet, unoccupied and attempted to contact the owner. The vehicle was later reported stolen.
• At 1:43 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to a call on the 10000 block of Camden Place where a 38-year-old man reported several items stolen off his boat.
• At 4:22 p.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested 30-year-old Monika Escajeda for larceny on the 8100 block of Glacier Highway. Escajeda was also charged with violating conditions of release and resisting arrest.
• At 4:47 p.m. JPD responded to a call on the 100 block of Savikko Road where a 28-year-old woman reported the theft of her gas tank from her boat.
• At 4:50 p.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested 65-year-old Robert Hopkins on the 100 block of Savikko Road for misconduct involving weapons. He was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.