This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information aboutacrime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 9:29 a.m. Wednesday, the Juneau Police Department held someone involuntarily for mental health issues in the 9200 block of James Boulevard.
• At 3:16 p.m. Tuesday, someone reported a car crash in the 7100 block of Egan Drive.
• At 4:48 p.m. Tuesday, JPD held someone involuntarily for mental health issues in the 500 block of Gold Street.
• At 4:40 p.m. Tuesday, JPD received a report of drug activity.
• At 8:15 a.m. Wednesday, JPD investigated drug activity reported in the 3800 block of Mendenhall Loop Road.
• On Monday, Juneau Alaska Wildlife Troopers were notified that Michael A. Whisenant 63, failed to turn in the lower portion of the moose jaw, a condition of the permit, after he was successful on a moose hunt. Whisenant was contacted by Wildlife Troopers and issued a summons for violating the permit conditions of the hunt.
• At 4:49 p.m. Tuesday, someone reported suspicious activity in the 1900 block of Lemon Creek Road.
• At 4:57 p.m. Tuesday, a 53-year-old woman reported her keys were stolen in the 1100 block of Glacier Avenue
• At 1:38 p.m. Tuesday, JPD investigated a case of criminal trespass in the 3800 block of Mendenhall Loop Road.
• At 2:59 a.m. Wednesday morning, 24-year-old James Andrew Lysons was arrested in the 400 block of 11th Street on an outstanding warrant. He was also charged with providing false information to police.
• On Wednesday, Alaska Wildlife Troopers stopped a red Toyota pickup truck in Juneau. The trooper identified the driver as Christopher Glover, 36 of Texas, and identified the passenger as Angela Malone, 35, of Texas. Glover did not have a valid operator’s license and no proof of insurance. Further investigation revealed Glover had a $100,000 warrant that was extraditable out of Texas, and Malone had a $150,000 warrant that was extraditable out of Texas. Glover and Malone were arrested on their warrants and taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Facility. Upon intake at Lemon Creek Correctional Center, a corrections officer found contraband prescription drugs on Malone. Glover was charged with being a fugitive and operating a vehicle without a valid operator’s license. Malone was charged with being a fugitive and promoting contraband in the second degree.