This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 12:14 p.m. Tuesday, the Juneau Police Department arrested Melissa Mary Rose Joey, 22, in the 1700 block of Glacier Avenue for assault and assault on a police officer. Alcohol was a factor. A young child at the scene was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital for evaluation. Joey was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center and held on $1,000 bail. The child was left in the care of the Office of Children’s Services.
• At 7:34 a.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the 5400 block of Shaune Drive to investigate the report of a 64-year-old woman who reported a burglary at a business.
• At 2:01 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 1200 block of Ninth Street to investigate the death of 64-year-old Juneau man David Frank Blackwell. Read Thursday’s A1 for more. Investigation continues.
• At 5:17 p.m. Tuesday, JPD cited and released James Lewis, 30, in the 200 block of Franklin Street for disorderly conduct. Alcohol was a factor.
• At 5:25 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 600 block of Willoughby Avenue to investigate the report of a 52-year-old man who reported a customer at a business had pulled the fire alarm. The same subject was then reported to have pulled a fire alarm at a different business. JPD was unable to find the subject in the area.
• At 3:52 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the report of a 46-year-old woman who reported the violation of a protective order in the Juneau area.
• At 7:41 p.m. Tuesday, JPD arrested Karen Sewell, 61, in the 9000 block of Egan Drive for driving under the influence following a motor vehicle crash where there were no reported injuries. Sewell’s breath-alcohol content was later measured at 0.135 percent. Sewell was taken to LCCC and held on $500 bail, and Sewell’s vehicle was impounded.
• At 3:29 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 700 block of Calhoun Avenue to investigate the report of a 53-year-old woman who reported she was harassed by a man while she was driving her car.
• At 1:11 p.m. Tuesday, JPD cited and released Valerie Lynn Parkinson, 35, in the 8100 block of Glacier Highway for shoplifting.
• At 5:16 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 4600 block of Glacier Highway to investigate the report of a 62-year-old woman who reported the window of her Honda Element was broken and her backpack was stolen.
• At 7:11 a.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the 6500 block of Glacier Highway to investigate the report from a 35-year-old woman who reported the theft of electricity.
• At 4:14 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 3200 block of Mendenhall Loop Road to investigate the report of a 48-year-old woman who reported vandalism to a car tire. There are no subjects or leads.
• At 11:03 a.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the 9100 block of Mendenhall Mall Road to investigate the report of a 43-year-old woman who reported an attempted break-in to a business.