This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 7:39 p.m. Tuesday, the Juneau Police Department responded to the 4000 block of Slate Drive to investigate the report of a 70-year-old man who reported a burglary.
• At 2:31 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 1000 block of Tenth Street to investigate the death of Juneau man Brian Earl Lupro, 64, near the Douglas Bridge. The death is not considered suspicious. Next of kin was notified. Read more on Wednesday’s A1.
• At 7:28 p.m. Tuesday, JPD arrested a 44-year-old man in the Juneau area for harassment and violating conditions of release. Alcohol was a factor. The man was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 3:01 a.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested a 41-year-old man in the Juneau area for criminal mischief and domestic violence assault. The man was taken to LCCC.
• At 10:08 a.m. Wednesday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into the report of drug activity in the Juneau area.
• At 3:44 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 8700 block of Glacier Highway to investigate the report of a 76-year-old man who reported that a person tried to pay with counterfeit money.
• At 11:12 a.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the report of a 60-year-old man that his son’s bank account was accessed and money was transferred from it without permission.
• At 7:17 p.m. Tuesday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into the reported sexual assault of a minor.
• At 6:09 p.m. Tuesday, JPD arrested Situk Samuel Harry, 40, in the 200 block of Franklin Street for criminal trespass. Alcohol was a factor. Harry was taken to LCCC.
• At 2:06 p.m. Tuesday, JPD arrested Chance Trahan, 38, in the 3800 block of Lee Court on a warrant out of Nevada for burglary. Trahan was taken to LCCC, and was also charged with one count of being a fugitive of justice.