This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 4:56 p.m. Tuesday, the Juneau Police Department conducted a confidential investigation into possible child abuse.
• At 2:51 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 9200 block of Cinema Drive to investigate the report of a 46-year-old woman who reported a 31-year-old man had violated conditions of a protective order by being near her.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 12:46 p.m. Tuesday, JPD cited Alexander Banaszak, 24, for failing to carry proof of insurance. Officers had responded to the 5400 block of Egan Drive to investigate a hit and run when they found Banaszak, who was the suspected driver in the incident. The car he was driving was impounded.
• At 3:06 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 8700 block of Glacier Highway to investigate the report of a 26-year-old man that a 31-year-old man had stolen his cellphone.
• At 3:41 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 8700 block of Glacier Highway to investigate the report of a 41-year-old woman who reported a 26-year-old woman stole merchandise from a business. The merchandise was later retrieved.
• At 9:41 a.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the downtown area to investigate the report of a 40-year-old man who reported his wallet was stolen. Alcohol was a factor. The wallet was said to contain cash and personal cards.
• At 11:21 a.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the 6200 block of Glacier Highway to investigate the report of a 31-year-old man who reported the ongoing theft of gas.