This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 9:11 p.m. Tuesday, the Juneau Police Department responded to the 3400 block of Foster Avenue to investigate the report of a 27-year-old woman who reported her unlocked home was burglarized and her phone was stolen.
• At 3:12 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 1500 block of Fifth Street to investigate the death of a 43-year-old man. The death does not appear to be suspicious and next of kin has been notified. The man was identified as John. N. Gallagher, JPD Public Safety Manager Erann Kalwara said.
• At 12:43 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the report of assault and violating conditions of release in the Juneau area. Investigation continues.
• At 9:32 a.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested a 45-year-old woman in the Juneau area for providing false information about an assault of a 59-year-old man. Alcohol was a factor. She was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 9:35 a.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the report of harassment in the Juneau area. Alcohol was a factor.
• At 2:40 a.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested Minnie Merculief for driving while intoxicated, providing false information to law enforcement, driving with a revoked license and violating conditions of release. Merculief was taken to LCCC.
• At 9:31 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 9100 block of Cinema Drive to investigate multiple reports of a fight. Officers spoke to several people, and one person was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital for a medical evaluation. Alcohol was a factor. Police are forwarding their report to the District Attorney’s Office.
• At 6:41 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 8400 block of Nugget Drive to investigate the report of a 31-year-old man who reported the theft of a backpack and a laptop from a vehicle parked in his garage.
• At 8:39 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 9900 block of Stephen Richards Memorial Drive to investigate the report of a 70-year-old man who reported his 1995 blue Toyota 4Runner was stolen. Officers found the car and spoke to John Kobbe, 56, who was in the car. JPD arrested Kobbe for vehicle theft and driving without a license. Kobbe was taken to LCCC.
• At 9 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 200 block of Marine Way to investigate the report of a 62-year-old woman who reported her red 1990 Toyota pickup was stolen.
• At 4:54 p.m. Tuesday, JPD cited and released Max Heinz Tarquino, 39, in the 3000 block of Vintage Boulevard for criminal trespass.
• At 4:38 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 1900 block of Lemon Creek Road to investigate the report of a 61-year-old woman who reported that a 58-year-old man had trespassed on private property.