This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
Domestic violence assault
• At 4:24 a.m. Wednesday, the Juneau Police Department received a report of a domestic violence assault. Investigation continues.
Fire and medical
• At 7:44 a.m. Wednesday, Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to a two-vehicle crash on Glacier Highway that involved one female and three male patients. Upon arrival, CCFR checked all three for injuries, provided First Aid, and one person was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital in a personal vehicle. The occupants in the second vehicle declined medical services. At 5 p.m., CCFR was called out to Simpson Avenue and confirmed a male was deceased. An hour later, crews responded to a vehicle fire on Glacier Highway. The fire was extinguished by the time they arrived on scene. The persons on scene stated the vehicle had either run out of fuel or possibly been sabotaged because they detected a strong odor of bleach. Throughout the day, CCFR also responded to eight EMS calls, two transport calls taking patients and flight teams to and from the airport and hospital, one false call and one assist call to help another agency.
• At 12:34 p.m. Tuesday, a 27-year-old woman reported an ongoing fraud issue which started in 2006.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 7:44 a.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to a car crash in the 10500 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 4:01 p.m. Tuesday, a caller reported suspicious activity and the theft of a tool from a vessel in the 1400 block of Harbor Way.
• At 9:20 a.m. Wednesday, a Browning model 700 0.270 caliber rifle was reported stolen in the 4300 block of Taku Boulevard. Investigation also continues into a possible conditions violation relating to the case.
• At 1:07 p.m. Tuesday, a 19-year-old man reported the rear window of his vehicle was smashed in sometime during the night in the 3300 block of Fritz Cove Road.
• At 12:59 p.m. Tuesday, JPD received a report of a vehicle theft in the 2300 block of Hospital Drive. Investigation continues.