This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 3:36 p.m. Tuesday, JPD arrested David G. Waits, 53, in the 8100 block of Glacier Highway. Alcohol was a factor. Waits is currently facing a charge of second-degree burglary, according to online court records. Waits was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 7:31 a.m. Wednesday, the Juneau Police Department responded to the 1600 block of Renninger Street to investigate the report of a burglary. Investigation continues.
• At 4:11 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 300 block of Tongass Boulevard to conduct an investigation into an unattended death.
• At 5:06 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the report of domestic violence assault in the Juneau area. Alcohol was a factor. Investigation continues.
• At 11:20 a.m. Wednesday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into drug activity in the 8700 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 9:16 p.m. Tuesday, JPD arrested Ashtin S. Kenney, 21, in the 2700 block of Douglas Highway for driving under the influence. Kenney’s blood-alcohol level was 0.101 percent. Kenney was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center and was held on $500 bail.
• At 9:34 p.m. Tuesday, JPD arrested Alan P. Schulthies, 44, in the 8100 block of Egan Drive for driving under the influence and refusing to give a breath sample. He was taken to LCCC.
• At 4:09 a.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested Anthony D. Reyes, 27, in the 8800 block of Egan Drive for driving under the influence. His blood-alcohol level was 0.155 percent. Reyes was taken to LCCC where he was later released on his own recognizance.
• At 12:06 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the report of a man, 42, who reported a fraud in the Juneau area.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 5:04 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 1700 block of Douglas Highway for the report of a motor vehicle crash in which a woman, 35, struck a parked Toyota with her car.
• At 9:43 a.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the 1000 block of Egan Drive to investigate the report of a two-vehicle crash with minor damage and minor injury.
• At 12:30 a.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the 1400 block of Harbor Way to investigate the report of vandalism to a parked car.