This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 8:02 p.m. Tuesday, the Juneau Police Department arrested Bennett Lee Tackett II, 41, for third-degree assault, fourth-degree assault and resisting arrest. The assault charges were domestic violence charges. Tackett and the victim were taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital and Tackett was then taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center. Read more on Thursday’s A1 page.
• At 8:37 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 9100 block of Jerry Drive to investigate the report of a 47-year-old man who reported a burglary at a home.
• At 4:12 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the report of an altercation between a 37-year-old man and a 26-year-old woman in the Juneau area.
• At 11:10 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the report of a 35-year-old man who reported a 32-year-old woman violated a domestic violence protective order.
• At 5:19 a.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested a 23-year-old man in the Juneau area for domestic violence assault. Alcohol was a factor.
• At 11:41 a.m. Wednesday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into a possible sexual abuse of a minor.
• At 12:59 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 1200 block of Ninth Street to investigate the report of a 37-year-old woman who reported the theft of medication worth an estimated $60.
• At 4:07 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 11000 block of Auke Lake Way to investigate the report of a 19-year-old man who reported someone tried to steal his 1998 Chevrolet pickup and damaged the vehicle in the process.
• At 5:18 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 5400 block of Jenkins Drive to investigate the report of a 43-year-old man who reported the license plate was stolen off his vehicle.
• At 1:31 p.m. Tuesday, JPD cited and released Alan Lee, 33, in the 8800 block of Glacier Highway for trespassing after he was on business property after having been issued a criminal trespass letter.
• At 4:42 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 11000 bock of Auke Lake Way to investigate the report of a 20-year-old man who reported someone had rifled through his 2001 Jeep Cherokee.