This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 5:23 a.m. Wednesday, the Juneau Police Department assisted with the remand of Jay Snodgrass, 46, for violating conditions of probation in the 5500 block of Aisek Street.
Attempt to serve
• At 9:48 a.m. Wednesday, Michael Hoyt, 37, was arrested on a $250 warrant on Egan Drive. He was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 8:23 a.m. Wednesday, JPD investigated the death of a 43-year-old man in the 1900 block of Lemon Creek Road. The death is not considered suspicious. Next of kin has been notified.
• At 12:35 a.m. Thursday, a 56-year-old man reported being physically threatened by a 54-year-old male roommate in the Juneau area.
• At 4:27 p.m. Wednesday, a 15-year-old boy was reported as a runaway in the Juneau area.
• At 10:40 p.m. Wednesday, a 15-year-old girl was reported as a runaway from Juneau Youth Services.
• At 10:43 p.m. Wednesday, a 15-year-old girl was reported as a runaway from Juneau Youth Services.
• At 10:45 p.m. Wednesday, a 17-year-old boy was reported as a runaway from Juneau Youth Services.
• At 12:45 p.m. Tuesday, a 16-year-old boy was arrested for concealing merchandise in the 3000 block of Vintage Boulevard. He was taken to Johnson Youth Center.
• At 12:32 p.m. Tuesday, an investigation was conducted into a reported theft in the 200 block of Franklin Street.
• At 1:03 p.m. Tuesday, a 38-year-old man reported the theft of a kerosene heater valued at $200 in the 400 block of Cordova Street.
• At 3:45 p.m. Tuesday, an investigation continued into a report of shoplifting in the 3000 block of Vintage Boulevard.
• At 1 p.m. Wednesday, an investigation continued into a report of vandalism to a vehicle, and theft, on Fourth Street.
• At 1:28 p.m. Wednesday, a 1998 Lexus sedan was reported stolen in the 800 block of 10th Street.
• At 8:06 p.m. Wednesday, an investigation continued into a report of a 45-year-old man who stole his mother’s credit card and was making fraudulent charges in the 4100 block of Aspen Avenue.
• At 9:49 p.m. Wednesday, an investigation continued into a report of a theft of a backpack containing personal items in the 100 block of Franklin Street.
• At 6:06 a.m. Thursday, a woman reported her 2010 Honda Element was stolen in the 13400 block of Glacier Highway. Investigation continues.
• At 1:15 p.m. Tuesday, an investigation continued into the vandalism of a window to a medical clinic on Salmon Creek Lane.
• At a.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to a two-vehicle accident in the 8800 block of Egan Drive. The investigation revealed 56-year-old Jeffery Ballou, who was driving a 2008 Ford F450 plow truck, failed to stop at the red light and caused the accident. There were no injuries and both vehicles were totaled and towed from the scene. Ballou was cited for negligent driving.
• At 9:34 a.m. Wednesday, a caller reported a vehicle they were driving slid off the roadway and struck a stop sign in the 11500 block of Mendenhall Loop Road.
• At 2:14 p.m. Wednesday, a caller reported a hit-and-run causing minor damage to her parked vehicle in the 3400 block of Tongass Boulevard.