At 11:08 a.m. Wednesday, Capital City Fire/Rescue was dispatched to a house fire at 226 Behrends Ave.
Light smoke was visible from outside with more smoke visible through the windows when CCFR personnel arrived at the two-story home with an apartment.
Fire personnel made quick entry into the structure and found a small fire in the upstairs kitchen area. There were no injuries reported and the family cat was found safe inside of a bedroom.
The fire marshal’s office determined the cause to be related to the wiring in the home’s heating system.