An old building is getting a new lease on life.
The Treadwell Historic Preservation & Restoration society will hold a ribbon cutting at 2 p.m. Sunday for the Treadwell Mine Office Building.
The building, which was constructed in 1914, according to the preservation society, is located within the Treadwell Mine Historic Trail.
It is one of the few foundations that still exist at the site of the Treadwell mine complex, which from 1882 to 1922 yielded nearly $70 million — in 1914 dollars — of gold, according to the preservation society.
The trail, which includes signage noting the area’s mining history, is managed by the City and Borough of Juneau Parks & Recreation Department.
The ribbon cutting is the culmination of a multi-year effort to rehabilitate the office building.
The most recently added features are interpretive panels inside the building, and picnic tables located inside and outside the building.