The world of dating sites has evolved in recent years. It’s grown into offer inclusivity for LGBTQ+ communities. Online dating can be difficult, so anything to make it easier certainly helps. Being able to scout out the best lesbian dating sites is also paramount.
You want a friendly space that’s comfortable and inviting. While some dating sites offer inclusivity, there are just as many that are exclusive to certain communities. We think it’s a good idea to try out a bit of both to see where you find the most chemistry.
10 Best Lesbian Dating Sites
As it stands, at least 55% of LGBTQ+ members have tried online dating at some point. Compare that to the 28% of straight adults that seek a partner online.
The Pew Research Center also found that about 37% of singles in the LGBTQ+ communities were online dating to find a significant other.
On the bright side, around 28% of married LGBTQ+ adults are happily married to someone they met online.
This should give you hope as we dive into our guide on the top 10 best lesbian dating sites. Some will be exclusive to lesbians, others exclusive to the LGBTQ+ as a whole, and some simply welcoming to the LGBTQ+ community. Let’s dive in to explore the great options on the web!
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link||Best For|
|#1||eHarmony||Free Trial||Long-Lasting Relationships|
|#2||PinkCupid||Free Trial||Lesbian only dating|
|#3||LesbianPersonals||Free Trial||Personals Style Dating|
|#4||BiCupid||Free Trial||Bi Dating|
|#5||Her||Free Trial||Women Specific Dating|
Like we mentioned, there are some recommendations on our list that aren’t exclusive to lesbians. Still, eHarmony is a friendly and inviting environment for lesbian singles! Though their roots come from a heterosexual-only site, they’ve since changed their views and accept the LGBTQ+ with open arms. There are full reviews on eHarmony but in short, this is what you need to know.
Given that the site has over 29 million registered users, it’s a worthwhile site to join. The best part is the platform’s focus is to connect people for long-term, serious relationships. If you’re in search of love and a fulfilling relationship, eHarmony might be the spot for you.
While there is a paid membership option, there are also a lot of free features. You can register and create a profile for free. Then, view user profiles, send winks, and add users to your favorites list to keep engaging with.
Upgrading to the premium subscription will unlock unlimited messaging and the ability to see who viewed your profile. Plus, eHarmony now has an app, so you can stay communicating on the go.
- Impressive algorithm makes finding matches much easier and simpler
- Caters to those seeking a long-term relationship
- Have a virtual date through video chatting
- Dating tips and other advice are available through their blog
- Must use their matchmaking algorithm to find people – no manual searches
- Not exclusive to lesbians
One of the best lesbian dating sites out there is one exclusive to lesbians. PinkCupid’s got you covered.
They’re a part of Cupid Media, which is a collection of over 30 reputable dating sites. Each site is suited for specific niches. In PinkCupid’s case, that means exclusively women.
It’s not strictly a lesbians-only website. Bi-curious women and bisexual women are also welcome. The site is meant for more than just dating.
Instead, they focus on cultivating all types of relationships. From casual dating to friendships, to intense connections that last a lifetime — PinkCupid aims to help you find it all.
- Only women on the site, so you don’t have to stress about men hitting you up
- While the pool of active members is smaller, they’re much easier to engage with
- An option whether you’re seeking a relationship or just a friendship
- Open to bisexual and bi-curious women as well
- Not exclusive to lesbians, which some may desire instead of opening access to bi-curious and bisexual women, too
- There’s not as big of a pool of active members as many other dating sites
You can likely guess how LesbianPersonals made it to our best lesbian dating sites list. It’s in the name! One of the biggest online dating apps for lesbians, the site boasts millions of active members. Likewise, it has a pretty intelligent search engine to help you find your match.
With a video chat feature and the ability to message just like on social media platforms, it’s user-friendly and inviting. LesbianPersonals opens you up to a massive international queer community.
There’s a lot to love about this dating site, especially its profiles. You’ll find other lesbian singles get detailed, including as much info as possible. This makes it a breeze to find a match.
- They offer the ability to verify other accounts for an added cushion of safety
- There’s a section available where you can list your kinks
- Member profiles are detailed and comprehensive
- You can filter your search options
- They have a unique messaging system that makes it easy to talk and share photos and videos with other users
- While it’s supposed to be exclusive to lesbians, there are a pool of users that aren’t women or trans women
- Using advanced search functions requires a premium subscription
There are plenty of dating apps that cater exclusively to heterosexual and gay users. Very rarely does a site cater to the bisexual crowd in between, though. That’s exactly where BiCupid comes in. As the name might imply, it’s like the OkCupid for bisexuals.
Since 2003, the platform has aimed to meet the needs of bisexual users everywhere. By embracing the idea, they’ve helped countless users come out in a comfortable, inviting space. Their environment is a bully-free zone you can feel welcome and like yourself.
Overall, BiCupid is a unique dating site that deserves some praise. While there are some limitations when it comes to the interface, the layout is still appealing and friendly. Likewise, because there’s no matchmaking algorithm, it’s easy to search for a partner of your choice.
- Individual users or couples can create a profile
- The dating site caters to bisexual users
- Mobile app is accessible on both Android and iOS
- It’s free to browse for the first date!
- There are a limited number of features available for free users
- Zero personality or matchmaking algorithm
Entirely dedicated to lesbians and bi women, Her has only women profiles. Some heterosexual women may be present as well because friendships are also a focus on here.
With no specific target age group, users of any age can feel comfortable on Her. However, it’s most popular amongst young adults. The majority of users are in their early twenties. About 9% are above the age of 55. Most users in this group are interested in forming friendships rather than relationships, though.
Her is considered one of the best lesbian dating sites on the web for many reasons. With an award-winning design and friendly interface, it’s easy to feel welcome. Some features may not be unique, but there’s enough there to make it worth trying.
- Shows events and relevant things happening in your area, making it even easier to connect with a potential match
- A social media platform and dating app all rolled into one
- Exclusive to women
- Simple, user-friendly interface with a mobile app on both Android and iOS
- Restricted from a lot of features if you’re using the free membership
Another massively popular website on our list is Zoosk. Though it’s not exclusive to lesbians, its massive pool of active users means it deserves a mention.
Here, you can find a casual date, a one-night stand, or something more long-term and fulfilling. Whatever relationship you seek, Zoosk tries to make it possible for you. With over 40 million profiles and an excellent matchmaking system, it’s a tempting website to try out.
- Well-known, reputable website that’s been around for almost 2 decades!
- User authentication improves safety and security
- Sophisticated, user-friendly design makes it easy to navigate
- Sign up takes 15 minutes
- Over 35 million members
- Not exclusive to lesbians
- There’s an activation fee
Advertised as one of the best lesbian dating sites globally, Zoe makes it easy to meet fellow queer women. There are over 4 million registered members, giving you plenty to look through.
One interesting fact about Zoe is that it was originally designed as a visual app. Now, they still don’t allow any photos where you can’t see your face. Even wearing sunglasses is a no-go for pictures here.
However, that makes it easy to get an authentic idea of who you’re talking to. They do this to help eliminate catfish situations.
- There’s a “percentage compatibility” feature that lets you gauge your compatibility with other users
- The “Opposite Match” feature is also an option, which gives into the age-old idea that opposites attract
- Highlights aspects of your personality to nurture serious connections
- Both free and premium memberships are an option
- Limited features with their free membership
- Not ideal if you’re not interested in fulfilling, long-term connections
Hinge is meant to be the dating app that’s designed to be deleted. Since 2012, the site’s goal has been to help nurture serious relationships instead of just casual dates. Though it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, this might sound ideal if you’re looking for your perfect match.
The app encourages users to delete their accounts once they have found that perfect match. Other dating sites might try to reel you back in, but Hinge has pure intentions. With users mostly based in the US, it’s easy to find a connection that might last on this app.
- “Designed to be deleted” so that you can find your perfect match
- Available as an app for both Android and iOS devices
- They pride themselves on the minimal number of fake profiles and authenticity they provide
- Contacting others is free — you don’t have to subscribe or become a paying member
- Over 5 million Hinge users, so it has a smaller pool compared to some other dating sites
- Users are mostly between the ages of 24 and 32, which isn’t everyone’s preference
An app for anyone and everyone to use, Tinder is open to the LGBTQ+. While not exclusive to lesbians, there’s a massive pool of active users to match with.
The app is also famous for its swipe feature. Swipe left or right to either like or pass on another user’s profile. If you two both like each other’s profiles, you’re a match!
Not only can the swipe feature get addictive, but the free version has limited features. Many users find themselves paying for at least a month of the premium subscription just to try out its perks.
- One of the first famous dating apps
- Inclusive to LGBTQ+ singles
- Swipe left or right (“like” or “pass”) using the swipe feature to potentially find a match
- App available for Android and iOS devices, compatible with most phones
- One of the most popular dating site options in the USA
- Free membership comes with certain restrictions
- Not strictly for lesbian dating
One of the largest dating platforms for the LGBTQ+ community, feel at home on Taimi. They try to offer a groundbreaking dating app for lesbians in this modern era. And by that, they mean they offer a safe, welcoming environment where the queer can truly feel like themselves.
The app uses a similar swipe feature to Tinder and Zoe, but with more to offer. Like social media platforms, you can also create posts, as well as create and follow groups.
Creating an account is free and simple, so it’s worth checking out. Look for a match as you browse through other profiles. For the free membership, these are some impressive features.
- Possibly the largest dating platform for the LGBTQ+
- Judgment-free and bully-free website
- Create posts like you would on a social media platform
- They offer a swipe feature similar to Tinder
- Safe, welcoming environment for the LGBTQ+ community
- Not inclusive of women or lesbians, so there are men on the site
- There’s a much wider age range – 18 to 50 – which isn’t what everyone is looking for
5 Questions to Ask for the Best Lesbian Dating Sites
Using lesbian dating sites or apps can offer solidarity, exclusivity, and comfort for queer women today. There’s never been a better time to shine as a member of the LGBTQ+! We can date with pride, and we can do it boldly online.
Still, not every dating site is going to be the same. These are some questions to consider asking of each site or app you look into.
Some of these things may not be as much of a concern for you as it is for other individuals. Pick out which questions resonate the strongest with you to help you choose the best lesbian dating site for you.
1. How trustworthy is the site among fellow lesbian women?
2. Is the site safe and easy for local women seeking women to use?
3. What features does the dating site offer? (Video chat, match suggestions, a matching algorithm, etc.)
4. Is there a free trial, and how much is the membership?
5. How big is the pool of lesbian singles active on the dating site?